A lot of people suffer from neck pain in this age and the reason for this is understandable considering the fact that most of us are always bending over a screen. Straining the neck is bound to happen to anyone who’s always putting pressure on their necks. Neck pain can be caused by various factors ranging from being in a particular position for a long, driving long distances without breaks, staring at a screen for long hours, injury, etc.
Fortunately, neck pain can be treated easily when detected early. A change of posture can do the trick if discovered early. If more serious than this, consider getting in touch with a chiropractic doctor for a neck adjustment.
Neck pain often affects the cervical vertebra and requires adjustment for the pain to go way. Cervical adjustments can only be done by trained chiropractors. We offer the best chiropractic service in Austin, TX.
Possible causes of Neck pain include the following:
- Poor posture
- Bad form while working out
- Herniated disks
- Osteoporosis, pinched nerves, fibromyaglia and other musculo-skeletal problems
- Sports injuries
- Spinal stenosis
- Infections and other disease conditions
Whatever the cause of your neck pain, be rest assured that we will get to the root cause of it so as to give you relief from the discomfort.
Easy ways to relieve neck pain
If you experience neck pain, below are some steps to treat it:
- Alternate the application of heat or ice on the area every day. The combination of heat and ice will soothe the nerves and eventually reduce the stiffness or pain.
- For severe pain, consider taking over-the-counter pain killers to alleviate the pain. This is a short solution because the pain can easily return as soon as the pain killer wears off.
- Visit Precision Chiropractic, Austin for a cervical adjustment which can give you lasting relief from neck pain. Contact us right away for a free consultation session.
- Do yoga and other body flexibility exercises. Stretching exercises will push your body to stretch, push or move in certain ways it’s not used to. In essence, these exercises will improve your form and shape.
- Carry out activities that help you relax – play a game, listen to good music, relax with family and loved ones, go hiking or traveling on foot through the hinter lands. Simply do something that puts you in a great mood and shape.
- Be conscious of your body posture – this includes sleeping, sitting, standing, etc. Most times your posture will affect your body, this could be positive or negatively. Watch out for when you’re straining your neck too much.
- Go for massages at a spa for relief if you can help it. Also consider going for an acupuncture session to relieve any stubborn neck pain.
- Consider changing your sleeping mattress or using a special pillow for sleeping. The surface which you sleep on can determine whether you develop issues like neck pain or not.
When should you consider neck pain threatening enough?
There are no hard and fast rules here – as soon as you become uncomfortable with the pain or stiffness, it’s important to schedule a meeting with a chiropractic service. Precision Chiropractic has made it easy to get started with a professional chiropractic session by offering a free consultation.
Visit here to get started today:
Below are some signs and symptoms that you have to take seriously if experienced alongside your neck pain:
- Sensation in the neck
- Nausea and throwing up
- Weakness and dizziness
- Severe neck pain
- Swollen glands
At Precision Chiropractic, Austin, TX, our in-house chiropractic doctors are experienced in treating every complication you might have. Visit us today to book an appointment.
We are committed to getting you back to full health so you can continue enjoy life to the fullest without fear, anxiety or worry!
Let’s get started!